TIFTON, Ga. — The Georgia Peanut Commission has selected 13 chefs from across the state to create special Georgia Peanut-inspired dishes for the first-ever Georgia Peanut Restaurant Week, taking place from October 4-11. Each chef will use ingredients including raw or roasted peanuts, peanut oil, or peanut flour, to name a few.
The selected chefs and some of their featured dishes can be found below. Also, be sure to visit the restaurants on Instagram for the special Georgia Peanut dishes on the menu and days they will be available.
- Athens Chef Jessica Rothacker, Heirloom Café, peanut-inspired dishes include Cajun Boiled Peanut Hummus, Peanut Noodle Salad, West African Inspired Peanut Stew, and Black Bottom Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie
- Atlanta Chef Deborah VanTrece, Twisted Soul Cookhouse & Pours, will feature Spicy Peanut-Crusted Quail, Country Captain Chicken Stew, and Cajun Fried Turkey Monte Cristo
- Atlanta Chef Todd Richards, Lake & Oak, will feature Boiled Peanuts, Moked Peanut Hummus with Pork Rinds, and Peanut Crusted Catfish over Collard Green Fried Rice
- Atlanta Chef Nick Leahy, Nick’s Westside, will feature Chile Smoked Boiled Peanuts, Pinock Crest Catfish and Boiled Peanut Succotash, Peanut Crusted Schnitzel with Spaetzle Mac, and a Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Sammie
- Atlanta Chrysta Poulus, Ford Fry Restaurants, will feature Peanut Pie, Peanut Brittle Ice Cream, and a Peanut Butter and Jelly Kolache
- Atlanta Chef Drew VanLeuvan, Ecco Buckhead, will feature Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Peanuts, Celery, Apple & Peanut Salad, and Salted BBQ peanuts
- Atlanta Chef Matt Basford, Canoe, will feature Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Savory Peanut and Coconut Panna Cotta, Roasted Berkshire Pork Tenderloin with Peanut – Cabbage Crepe, and a Georgia Peanut and Apple Salad
- Atlanta Chef Parnass Savang, Talat Market, will feature Thai Style Snapper Ceviche with Green Peanut Oil, Crispy Rice Salad with Raw Peanuts, and Massaman Beef Shank with Potatoes, Fried Shallots, and Raw Peanuts
- Blue Ridge Chef Mellman, Harvest on Main, will offer Peanut Butter Panna Cotta with Peanut Brittle, Thai Peanut Melon Salad, and Georgia Peanut and Collard Stew.
- Columbus Chef Keating, Epic Restaurant, has created Foie Gras and Peanut Butter on Brioche, Arugula & Charred Endive Salad with a Peanut Vinaigrette, Peanut-Urfa Dusted Pork Loin, and more, including a signature cocktail.
- Savannah Chef Zach Shultz, Cotton & Rye, created three dishes including Boiled peanut spread, pickled raisins, celery relish, pretzel cracker, Chicken confit, house-made bacon; Chaurice sausage, stewed peanuts, and herb crumb, and a decadent dessert dish, We All Scream for…Peanuts
- St. Simons Chef Dave Snyder, Halyard’s Restaurant, has created several different dishes including Boiled Peanut Succotash with Cheshire Pork and Oregano, Beef Tenderloin Eggroll with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Lime, and Georgia White Shrimp Taco with Roasted Peanut Salsa
- Winder Chef Alex Friedman, Bistro Off Broad, special dishes include Smoked Pad Thai Chicken Wings, Seared Sockeye Salmon with Peanut Flour Rigatoni, and Peanut Butter Cookie & Chocolate Ganache Pie
Georgia Peanuts Restaurant Week takes place in select markets across Georgia from October 4-11. Be sure to check each restaurant for days and hours of operation.
The peanut is one of Georgia’s most important crops. Thanks to approximately 4,500 peanut farmers, Georgia produced more than 1.64 million tons of peanuts in 2020, representing more than half of the country’s crop.
–Georgia Peanut Commission