PERRY, Ga. — The Georgia Cotton Commission has, under guidance, decided to move their Annual Meeting to a virtual format. The virtual meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The usual UGA Cotton Production Workshops will be conducted virtually as well but spread out over the months of January and February. The meeting program will feature speakers from several industry organizations.
The program is still under development, but program speakers include:
- Darryl Earnest, Deputy Administrator, USDA Agricultural Marketing Service – Cotton & Tobacco Program
- Dr. Ed Barnes, Senior Director, Agricultural & Environmental Research, Cotton Incorporated.
- Bart Davis, Chairman, Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation of Georgia
- Alan Lowman, Executive Director, Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation of Georgia
- Dr. Phillip Roberts, Extension Entomologist, University of Georgia
- Matt Coley, Producer Director, U.S. Cotton Trust Protocol
- Tom McCall, President, Georgia Farm Bureau
Following the Annual Meeting speakers, the Georgia Quality Cotton Awards for the 2020 crop will be awarded. The meeting is not only for cotton growers, but anyone interested in the cotton industry.
There is no charge to attend. Pre-registration is requested. Register online at www.ugatiftonconference.caes.uga.edu or call (229) 386-3416.
–Georgia Cotton Commission