DENMARK, S.C. — Join us at Saltcatcher Farms for a full-day workshop on food safety & market opportunities with a chance to hear from five speakers. Topics include:
- Kim Butz, CFSA, will cover GAP 101 and the step-by-step approach to farm food safety and certification.
- Brooke Horton, SCDA will explain FSMA and help you determine if you are covered or qualify for an exemption.
- Jim Johnson from SCSU Small Business Development Center will speak about business planning for startup or expansion as well as funding and cost-share programs that you may be able to take advantage of for your farm.
- Rob Last, Clemson Horticulture Extension Agent for Bamberg County will join us to talk about Extension programs for both the farm and the community.
- David M. Collins, a local farmer, will demo the Grillo walk-behind tractor and talk about the potential of biochar as a soil amendment.
- We will wrap up our day with Stephanie Jones, manager of Saltcatcher Farms who will share her experience with GAP certification. We will get a tour of the farm and learn about all the great things that their community teaching center & gathering space has to offer.
Speakers: Stephanie Jones, Saltcatcher Farms; Kim Butz, CFSA; Jim Johnson, SBDC; Rob Last, Clemson Extension; Brooke Horton, SCDA
Registration Details: 20 attendee max. Registration closes June 13. $20 CFSA Members, $25 Nonmembers. Includes lunch.
–Carolina Farm Stewardship Association