SPRINGFIELD, Ohio — Attendees will go from bines to steins at the 2020 Ohio
Hop Conference, hosted by the Ohio Hop Growers Guild, with numerous sessions focused on
producing high-quality crops and meeting demand for the growing industry. The seventh
annual conference is set for Feb. 21- 22, 2020, at the Courtyard by Marriott Springfield
The Ohio Hop Conference unites producers, brewers and beer enthusiasts with industry
leaders and university experts to explore innovations in hop growing techniques and current
areas of research.
“The Ohio hop industry is growing and improving every year. As producers, we must do the
same,” said Jandi Adams, chairwoman of the Ohio Hop Growers Guild. “The conference is a
fantastic opportunity for growers to make business connections and set standards that ensure
hops produced in Ohio are the safest, most sustainable and highest-quality on the market.”
In addition to networking opportunities and access to the industry trade show, attendees of the
2020 conference will hear from expert speakers and engage in hands-on learning sessions.
Several featured topics and speakers include:
- Erin Lizotte, Michigan State Extension Integrated Pest Management Educator and a
leading hop expert in the Midwest
- “Making Your Soil Work for You – An update on the Ohio Hops Soil study” with Dr. Steve Culman and Brad Bergefurd, both with The Ohio State University
- “From Bines to Steins – An overview of the brewing process, including hop
characteristics needed during hopping, during boil, at flameout and dry hopping” with
Kevin Loftis of Mother Stewart’s Brewing Company
- “All-Ohio Hoppy Hour and Sensory Evaluation – Practice BJCP beer tasting techniques
and sample 4 all-Ohio SMASH beers” with Dave Volkman, a certified cicerone
- “Brewing Up Business – Practical marketing strategies to sell your hops and build your brand” with Shift•ology Communication
Registration for the conference is $160.00 per person and includes meals and a social evening at Mother Stewart’s Brewing Company. To register for the event, visit
www.OhioHopConference.eventbrite.com. The conference is offering a block rate of
$99/room/night at the Courtyard by Marriott Springfield Downtown. Registrants can use the
discount code OHGS for online booking.
— Ohio Hop Growers Guild
For more articles out of Ohio, click here.