MANKATO, Minn. — Join University of Minnesota Extension foresters to discuss some of the key issues facing woodland owners in Minnesota and beyond. In Fridays with a Forester, a series of free online meetings, Extension educators and other experts will introduce a topic, give a brief presentation, then leave plenty of time for any related questions you have about your property.
All webinars will be from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Register once to attend any or all the webinars in the series. You’ll receive reminder emails with a link to each webinar prior to the event.
Upcoming dates and topics include:
- February 24 – Maple Syrup Basics
- March 3 – MN School Forests: A collaboration between the MN DNR and Minnesota’s schools
- March 17 – Climate Adaptation in Minnesota
- March 24 – Windbreaks/Living Snow Fences – Designs and What to Plant
- March 31 – Foraging for Wild Edibles
- April 14 – Things to Think about when Planning a Timber Sale
- April 21 – Strategies to keep your woods healthy and resilient.
- April 28 – 2023 Participatory Science: Spotted Lanternfly, Mock Strawberry, Garlic Mustard Aphids
Learn more about the topics covered and register at: https://z.umn.edu/Fridays2023
The University of Minnesota Extension Forestry team creates a monthly newsletter about timely topics related to woodlands and forests called My MN Woods, to review a recent newsletter and sign up for this email newsletter go to: https://z.umn.edu/MyMNWoods.
If you have questions regarding this forestry program please contact, Gary Wyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— University of Minnesota Extension