PITTSBORO, N.C. — August 9 – 12-1:30pm – https://foodandfarming2.
Innovative Business Planning for Farms
- August 15 – 2-3:30pm – https://foodandfarming3.
- With new and beginning farmers, as well as seasoned farmers looking to convert from direct to consumer farm sales to wholesale, this is not a switch to be made overnight. What adjustments will be needed before selling to wholesale markets? What should be considered or evaluated before scaling up a farm business? How do you determine which wholesale buyer is right? How do you build a buyer relationship? This workshop will lay the groundwork and mindset needed to start developing your business plan for selling to wholesale markets. Our subject matter expert for this webinar is Krista Morgan, Market Access Coordinator with Carolina Farm Stewardship.
The Power Your Story: Storytelling as Marketing
- October 3 – 12-1:30pm – https://foodandfarming5.
- Storytelling is an essential part of the human experience. It is the manner in which we share, grow, cultivate and preserve our experiences. Storytelling is essential to any successful brand. Customers must know who you are, what you stand for and how you can impact their lives. In this session, Kristin Davis, Extension Agent shares why storytelling matters to your business. During this live webinar, viewers will learn (1) how to cultivate a brand purpose, (2) creative ways to communicate your brand purpose via storytelling and (3) tools to help you tell your story more easily.
How to Fund Your Farm and Food Business
- October 17 – 2-3:30pm – https://foodandfarming6.
- Financial decisions can be challenging. The webinar will enables you to better analyze and manage your farming operations. Farmers make many decisions about the use of capital and credit. Making good financial decisions is often the difference between a prosperous, growing farm business and one that is constantly wondering how to pay the next bill. Seeking financing is part of doing business, particularly for the farmer interested in growing their business. The webinar will address:
- Where to obtain credit?
- What mix of equity and debt to use?
- Information needed to obtain a loan, and
- How much risk to take?
Our subject matter expert for this presentation is Gary Bullen, Farm Management Extension Associate at NC State University.
|Aug 9, 2019||12:00 pm||to||1:30 pm|
|Aug 15, 2019||2:00 pm||to||3:30 pm|
|Oct 3, 2019||12:00 pm||to||1:30 pm|
|Oct 17, 2019||2:00 pm||to||3:30 pm|
–Carolina Farm Stewardship Association