LOUISBURG, N.C. — Each season brings certain highlights to the Franklin County Farmers Market and the strawberry is without a doubt at the top of the list for Spring.There are not many items that lift my spirit like these delicious berries. We are thankful for the bounty of Fall and Winter and all the many crops of Summer but after a long Winter’s nap there’s Spring and Strawberries. When a child picks up one of these big strawberries their eyes sparkle also the young are heart seem to react the same.
Come check out these delicious berries at the Franklin County Farmers Market located at the Shannon Village Shopping Center in Louisburg and put a smile on a local farmers face.
There will be pecans in the shell or cracked, good for many recipes or just eating by the handful.
• Cabbage for making slaw or cooking by the pot full and the soup from it feels like it does the body good.
• High tunnel tomatoes locally grown – chat with the farmers and let them fill you in on high tunnels. High tunnel use is one more step these hardy farmers take to bring locally grown produce to you early – grown from our local soil.
• Fresh baked goods, jellies and pickles fill the tables with lots to choose from. Nothing says home cooking much better than these fresh baked goods.
• Check out all the beautiful Spring crafts and goat’s milk soaps for gifts or your home.
• Farm fresh eggs from might loved and cared for hens.These fresh eggs but an extra taste in your recipe also a big smile on the egg lovers face.
• Tomato and squash plants are waving at the sun getting ready for the soil.
–Pat Ayscue, Franklin County Center