WANAKENA, N.Y. — A Forestry BMP & Skidder Bridge Workshop will take place Friday June 9, 2023 in Wanakena, NY from 7:30 am – 2:30 pm. Learn how to improve water quality, forest and soil health and sensitive habitat areas. The event is sponsored by Franklin County SWCD, Workforce Development Institute, and the Master Logger Certification Program.
- BMP layout and construction
- Stream crossing layout & design and permit requirements
- Avenza mapping
- Forest Management and Silvicultural Prescriptions
Each logger in attendance will receive a Forestry BMP Field Guide, angle gauge and will be entered into a drawing to take a portable skidder bridge home for FREE!
This workshop is approved for:
- 3 Cat. 1 SAF Continuing Education Credits
- 1 NYLT Continuing Education Credit
- 7 Master Logger Continuing Education Credits
This workshop is free and open to the public. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Loggers, forest landowners, town and zoning officials are all encouraged to attend. Pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Kristin Ballou, Franklin County Soil & Water Conservation District: email@example.com or https://forms.gle/Vw4s3KzTTVcUpmeE7
–The Trust to Conserve Northeast Forestlands