WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — During this time of uncertainty, consumers, farmers and retailers have many questions regarding food safety and COVID-19. Yaohua “Betty” Feng, assistant professor of food science at Purdue University, and her lab have compiled information from nationwide food safety experts on a central reference website.
The website outlines food safety best practices including:
- Consumer personal hygiene.
- Stopping the spread of germs.
- Grocery shopping recommendations.
- Guidelines for farmers and producers.
- Guidelines for manufacturers and retailers.
- Information for Extension educators.
The website is continuously updated with the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and food safety. For food safety best practices, please visit the following sites:
- English version: https://ag.purdue.edu/foodsci/Fenglab/covid-19-food-safety-information/.
- Spanish version: https://ag.purdue.edu/foodsci/Fenglab/covid-19-material-espanol/.
- Chinese version: https://ag.purdue.edu/foodsci/Fenglab/%e4%b8%ad%e6%96%87%e6%9d%90%e6%96%99/.
— Purdue University
For more articles out of Indiana, click here.