GAINESVILLE, Fla. — A question-and-answer session with University of Florida and Florida Gulf Coast University researchers who are investigating the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on Florida’s agriculture and food system industries. The interactive portion will follow a short presentation summarizing this ongoing joint effort. Through one-on-one interviews, the team pursues the stories behind the data collected in earlier surveys from the UF/IFAS Economic Impact Analysis Program team.
This event is a follow-up to FGCU’s 2nd Annual Agricultural Forum held Nov. 18, which was unable to host a Q&A segment. The recording from that event is available at youtu.be/4RT4mUitI7E and should provide a more detailed background to the shortened presentation at the beginning of this event.
WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 2:30 p.m.
WHERE: Register for free to receive the Zoom details: tinyurl.com/IFAS-FGCUvirtualQ-A
WHO: Open to any interested parties, especially those in the Florida agriculture/food system sectors. Panelists will include:
- Tim Allen, FGCU Center for Agribusiness, Alico Chair, specializing in finance
- Laura Birou, FGCU Center for Agribusiness, Alico Chair, specializing in supply chain operations
- Catherine Campbell, assistant professor of community food systems in the UF/IFAS department of family, youth and community sciences, based at the Mid-Florida Research and Education Center
- Christa Court, assistant professor in the UF/IFAS food and resource economics department, who directs the UF/IFAS Economic Impact Analysis Program
- Jennifer Hagen, UF/IFAS Extension Lee County agent specializing in family and consumer sciences
- Elias Kirche, FGCU Center for Agribusiness, specializing in supply chain operations
- Colleen Larson, UF/IFAS Extension regional specialized dairy agent in South Florida
- Alex Magnier, FGCU Center for Agribusiness, specializing in agribusiness
- David Outerbridge, UF/IFAS Extension Lee County director
- Chris Prevatt, UF/IFAS Extension agent specializing in livestock at the Range Cattle Research and Education Center
- Fritz Roka, FGCU Center for Agribusiness, specializing in agribusiness
- Stuart Van Auken, FGCU Center for Agribusiness, Alico Chair, specializing in marketing
—Kirsten Romaguera, UF/IFAS