SPIRIT LAKE, Iowa – Iowa State University Extension and Outreach’s Annual Farmland Leasing Meetings for agriculture property owners, tenants, ag business representatives and lenders will be held at 11 different locations throughout early August.
Each workshop will focus on current farmland value and lease rate trends, methods for determining fair ag rents for 2022 and farmland lease communication and legalities, including how to write and terminate a lease.
“These meetings are designed for ag property owners and tenants, so we focus greatly on land ownership and tenant information such as rental rates and land values,” said Gary Wright, Farm Management Specialist with ISU Extension and Outreach. “We will also discuss how to determine a fair cash rent with the current economic uncertainty.”
Upcoming workshop dates and locations include:
- Aug. 3, 9:00 a.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Sioux County office, 400 Central Ave. NW, Orange City; Preregister to 712-737-4230.
- Aug. 4, 9:00 a.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Buena Vista County office, 824 Flindt Dr., Storm Lake; Preregister to 712-732-5056.
- Aug. 4, 5:00 p.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Cherokee County office, 209 Centennial Dr., Cherokee; Preregister to 712-225-6196.
- Aug. 5, 9:00 a.m. – Dickinson County Community Building, 1602 15th Street, Spirit Lake; Preregister to 712-336-3488.
- Aug. 5, 3:00 p.m. – Immanuel Lutheran Church, 409 N 6th St., Estherville; Preregister to 712-362-3434.
- Aug. 10, 1:30 p.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Woodbury County office, 4728 Southern Hills Dr., Sioux City; Preregister to 712-276-2157.
- Aug. 11, 9:00 a.m. – ISU Extension and Outreach Plymouth County office, 251 12th St. SE, Le Mars; Preregister to 712-546-7835.
- Aug. 11, 3:00 p.m. – Northwest Iowa Community College, Building A, Room 119, 603 W Park St., Sheldon; Preregister to 712-957-5045.
- Aug. 12, 9:00 a.m. – Forster Community Center, 405 South 2nd Ave., Rock Rapids; Preregister to 712-472-2576 or 712-754-3648.
- Aug. 12, 2:00 p.m. – 4-H Auditorium, Clay County Fairgrounds, 800 West 18th St., Spencer; Preregister to 712-262-2264.
- Aug. 17, 9:00 a.m. – Mallard Community Center, 605 Inman St., Mallard; Preregister to 712-852-2865 or 712-335-3103.
Meetings are approximately 2 ½ hours in length and all registrants receive a leasing arrangement book, as well as access to research-based resources from ISU Extension and Outreach. There is a $20 per individual or $30 per couple preregistration fee for those who preregister to the ISU Extension and Outreach office hosting the meeting at least two days prior to the workshop date.
“We encourage individuals to call in and preregister so that we can have adequate space and materials prepared,” Wright said. “We do not want to turn anyone away.”
For more information regarding land leasing and value or the upcoming workshops, contact Wright at 712-223-1574 or email@example.com.
–Iowa State University Extension