NORTHPORT, Maine — Every year Maine’s farmers come together to learn from their peers and other practitioners brought in from out of state. Join our farmers and gardeners at this year’s conference and participate in two days of around 30 educational sessions covering everything from “Organic Carrot Production” and “Improving Soil Organic Matter” to “Livestock Scale and Infrastructure” and “Pest and Disease Management in Winter Tunnels”.
Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association
Farmer to Farmer Conference
November 4- 6, 2017
Join us on Saturday, November 4 for our farm tours at Six River Farm and Left Field Farm on Merrymeeting Bay in Bowdoinham. Come see each farm and learn how they work cooperatively to share a wash/pack barn, walk-in cooler and storage area.
Keynote speaker Emily Oakley, Three Springs Farm, will address the group on Monday morning, 8:30 a.m., on Family Farmers in a Changing Organic World. Also, hear from Emily Oakley and partner Mike Appel in conference sessions on “Strategies for Developing Efficient Scale-Appropriate Systems for Your Farm” and “Family [and] Farming”.
MOFGA’s Farmer to Farmer Conference …
- Is known for its intimacy, in-depth treatment of topics, and amazing discussions.
- Is based on the idea that farmers learn best from their peers and other practitioners.
- Features prominent and accessible university faculty, extension educators, and other agricultural professionals.
- Features a unique 3-hour workshop session format, in which one half is dedicated to talks by both agricultural service professionals and farmers, and the other to a round table discussion intended to solicit and capitalize on the accumulated knowledge of all the farmers in attendance.
- Serves delicious meals featuring local, organic food.
- Is a rare and wonderful opportunity to get off the farm and catch up with fellow farmers.
Learn a lot, eat well, share your expertise, make new friends, and reconnect with old ones at the 2017 MOFGA Farmer to Farmer Conference!
For more details including session descriptions and accommodations as well as to register visit http://mofga.org/Events/
To go straight to registration visit: https://mofga.
Walk-in registration will be available as space allows.
For more articles out of New England, click here.