COCKEYSVILLE, Md. — Future Harvest: The Chesapeake Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture (Future Harvest) is pleased to announce the following three recipients of annual awards for their dedication to sustainable agriculture in the Chesapeake region.
- Sarah Ryder and Tom Paduano of Flying Plow Farm, Rising Run, Maryland
- Judy Gifford and Robert C. Fry of St. Brigid’s Farm, Kennedyville, Maryland
- Barbara Lamborne and Dennis Fuze of Greenstone Fields, Wheatland, Virginia
All received the award at Future Harvest’s 21st Annual Conference, which took place January 16-18th at the College Park Marriott in Hyattsville, Maryland.
Future Harvest was founded in 1998 with the mission to advance agriculture that sustains farmers, communities and the environment through education, networking, advocacy, and research. Its vision is to help build a sustainable Chesapeake foodshed, where food flows from farm and fishery to table in ways that strengthen farming and the regional food economy; protect our land, water, and air; and provide healthy, nutritious food that sustains the region’s communities. Future Harvest’s 23-member Board of Directors examined criteria such as exemplary farming practices that increase profitability, protect the Chesapeake Bay, and give back to the region’s communities.
Please find press releases about each individual award recipient here:
- Flying Plow Farm Press Release, Farmer of the Foodshed Award
- St. Brigid’s Farm Press Release, Colchester Legacy Award
- Greenstone Fields Press Release, Farmer of the Foodshed Award
— Future Harvest Chesapeake Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture
For more news from DelMarVa, click here.