WATERTOWN, N.Y. — Are you interested in learning tips and tricks for handling finances and budgets for the farm? From October through December, Robin Wendell-Zabielowicz, Farm Business Management Educator, will be hosting several sessions as part of a complete workshop series. Dates and topics include:
- October 18: Achieving BALANCE!! Understand and compile your balance sheet
- October 25: Where does it all go? The income statement and cash flow
- November 1: How do I measure up? Organize your data to benchmark and manage
- November 15: Line up the ducks! Create and use a whole farm budget
- November 22: Special projects: Creating partial budgets and change evaluation
- December 6: Identifying key opportunities on my farm: Introduction to Pro-Dairy’s Dairy Farm Business Summary (DFBS)
All sessions will take place from 10AM to 12PM at the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Jefferson County offices located at 203 North Hamilton St. Watertown, NY 13601. Veterans/Military and individuals of all agricultural interests and backgrounds are encouraged to attend!
Please register online by visiting: https://reg.cce.cornell.edu/FinanceSeriesJeff_222
–Cornell Cooperative Extension Jefferson County
For more articles out of New York, click here.