DES MOINES, Iowa — This year’s World Pork Expo at the Iowa State Fairgrounds from June 8-10 is presented by the National Pork Producers Council (NPPC), marking the organization’s 34th annual event. Thousands of producers and industry professionals will gather to learn the latest technologies and innovations in the field.
The World Pork Expo is well-known for its networking opportunities, educational seminars, packed trade show floor, and events. Attendees are encouraged to plan ahead so they don’t miss out on the packed programming.
Here’s a look at some events taking place at this year’s Expo:
● Explore the Trade Show. Attendees don’t want to miss visiting the hundreds of vendors and exhibitors displaying the latest pork production technologies, products, and services throughout the Varied Industries Building, Hospitality Tents, and more. The trade show is open Wednesday and Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Check out the list of exhibitors here.
● Stop by a Seminar. This year’s line-up of programming through Business Seminars and the Pork Academy gives producers the opportunity to learn about critical topics such as sustainability, data, industry collaborations, nutrition, and more.
● Breakfast at the McRig. Expo attendees can grab breakfast at the McRig, courtesy of McDonald’s, on June 8 and 9 from 8-10 a.m. Snag a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit or sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit with a side of hash browns. The McRig is located at Grand Avenue, west of the main entrance.
● Get Your Fill at the Big Grill. Attendees are also invited each day to stop by the Big Grill for a free lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The Big Grill is located in the grassy area south of the Varied Industries Building.
● Get Grillin’ with the Grillologists. Self-proclaimed “Grillologists,” Mad Dog & Merrill® entertain and educate thousands of backyard enthusiasts every year with the finer points of grill’n. Attendees can join in the laughs and a filming of Mad Dog & Merrill Midwest Grill’n® at booth G162 on June 8 at 2:00 p.m. and again on June 9 at 10:30 a.m.
● Networking lounge. Lounge Hours are held in Meeting Room B from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and again from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for opportunities to network with staff experts from the National Pork Board and answer questions about sustainability and disease preparedness.
Visit www.worldpork.org to view a full schedule of events.
Register for the World Pork Expo By June 2 and Save
Online registration is still available. Registered attendees get access to all three days of the Expo, including networking opportunities. All attendees who pre-register online by Thursday, June 2 receive a discounted rate of $10 per adult (ages 12+) and $1 for children (6-11 years old). Children 5 years and under are free. Registration on-site will be $20 per adult. There is an on-site Friday-only option for $10.
Enhanced Biosecurity Measures
Four biosecurity checkpoints will be set up around the show, requiring all attendees to pass through the foot baths before entering. These are located: south of the main entrance at Gate 15 and the Animal Learning Center, SW of the Jacobson Exhibition Center, SW of the Varied Industries Building, and at the west end of Grand Ave before you reach the hospitality tent area. More information on all biosecurity measures can be found on our website.
Get Connected for Real-Time World Pork Expo Updates
Connect with the Expo on social media to keep up with the latest happenings, including photos, event information, and any programming changes. Be sure to use the #WPX22 tag when posting content from the show! Social handles for the event can be found on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
–National Pork Producers Council