Together Again; Future Harvest's 23 Annual Conference
We are delighted to announce that our annual gathering of the region’s brightest minds in farming, food, stewardship, and activism will be held in person. We’re gathering acclaimed regional and national speakers for a three-day conference filled with diverse workshops, farm fresh meals, food system discussions, community building, networking, and one-on-one mentorship. Mark your calendars – you don’t want to miss this event!
- Two main conference days with seven tracks for beginning, intermediate, and advanced farmers, foodpreneurs, and educators
- Two keynote addresses:
- David Montgomery and Anne Bilké, Authors of Dirt: The Hidden Half of Nature and Growing a Revolution
- Renard Turner, co-owner of Vanguard Ranch in Louisa County, Virginia
- Expert-led, in-depth farming and food pre-conference intensives
- Friday night locally-sourced dinner and farmer awards
- Farmer-to-Farmer Roundtables and Clinics
- Annual photo contest slidesho and acknowledgements
- Exhibit Hall
- Recorded sessions for later viewing
- Annual membership meeting
- One-on-one coaching sessions
Submit a Proposal:
Workshop topic priorities: Proposals should be relevant to the audience and help them (primarily commercial growers) improve their operations in order to be financially successful. Most of the workshops should be about farm production or business and marketing. Other workshops related to the environment, labor, policy, the food system, and the community are also welcome.
We Value Diversity: Our conference increases each year in diversity. While the topic of each session proposal is important, it is also important that workshop presenters reflect the gender, race, ethnicity, religious, and class differences of our audience. We seek voices that reflect a variety of operations from small (may or may not be urban), to mid to large-scale. In short, the program should be as vibrant and diverse as our farms!
Workshops will be organized according to the following themes:
- Beginner Farming
- Crop Production
- Soil Health
- Business & Marketing
- Environment, Community & Policy
- Grassfed (Meat & Dairy)
If you have several session proposals, please fill out the form separately for each.
Sponsor or Exhibit:
- Reach more than 700 farmers, agricultural professionals, and community leaders with your products, services and messages
- An ideal opportunity for farm-related organizations and product vendors such as seed and feed, farm machinery adn implements, fencing, land management, and infrastructure builders as well as non-profits, government agencies, and academic institutions
- Learn more here and download our Sponsor & Exhibitor Brochure
Questions? Contact Conference Manager Gail Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org