- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Soil Health Academy - Cold Spring, MN
In this SHA Dairy School, farmers will develop an understanding of regenerative agricultural principles and how they relate to their farm. Through a time tested combination of hands-on and classroom programming, dairy farmers will learn how to successfully apply the principles of regenerative agriculture to build soil, crop, forage, herd and financial health to their farms.
Who Should Attend?
Dairy producers of all sizes and types!
The cost of doing business has dramatically increased since 2020. This has significantly impacted all farms and their net profit potential. The dairy-focused academy is pertinent to anyone wanting to transform their dairy into a highly efficient and profitable business and transform their quality of life. You will learn how to build soil, animal, and economic health through a combination of classroom and field exercises. The school will tackle the biggest issues facing dairy producers, from herd health and reproduction, to crop and cover crop success, to waste management and fertility, to economics and building true net wealth. Hands-on experience will be heavily emphasized.
Milk production is a fast-paced, highly demanding profession and dairy producers are highly skilled individuals. We hope to broaden your perspective on using your expertise and advantages with practical tools that increase your options, reduce vulnerability, and strengthen your resilience.
This is a power-packed school that will change your perspective on what dairying should be and can be. Taught by highly experienced and expert regenerative farmers and dairy producers.
What You Will Learn
- Practical Application of The Principles of Soil Health & Adaptive Stewardship
- Cropping & Cover Cropping Strategies for Building Soil Health and Nutrient Dense Feedstuffs
- Making Dairying Highly Profitable & Highly Enjoyable
- High Level Observation and Decision-Making Skills
- Improving Cow Health and Performance While Reducing Inputs
- Strategies for Enhanced Net Margins
- The Practical Implications of Improved Soil Health, Including: Mitigating Effects of Wet or Dry Conditions, Increasing Harvest Windows, and Improving Animal Performance