- This event has passed.
Perennial Plantings and Farm Funding at Deep Roots Farm
Saturday 5/1 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Join Future Harvest at Deep Roots Farm in Upper Marlboro, Maryland to learn from farmer Ann Sutton. On this former tobacco farm, Ann is building high tunnels, a poultry pasture, planting a fruit orchard, and putting in perennial crops like strawberries and asapargus. We’ll do some hands-on tasks, tour the farm, and learn about the complexities of funding such an operation. Come prepared for some hands-on work in the soil: it’s transplanting time. We’ll end the day with socially-distanced snacks – please bring your own. Pre-registration required; no walk-ins accepted. $40 non-member, $20 member. Free for 2021 BFTP Trainees. REGISTER HERE
We are thrilled to be resuming (limited-capacity) in person Field School events! As you join us, please know Future Harvest will be following all current CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 during these events.
All Future Harvest employees, host farmers, and members of the public attending programs are expected to:
- Wear a face shield or mask over their nose and mouth
- Stay a minimum of six feet away from others
- Wash or disinfect their hands frequently
- Stay home if they or anyone close to them have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms any time two weeks prior to the program or if they have been knowingly exposed to someone with COVID-19 two weeks prior to the program
- And abide by requests by the host farm, such as double masks