- This event has passed.
PDPW Food & Policy Summit
Join the PDPW Food & Policy Summit, Dec. 6-7, 2017, at the Sheraton Hotel, Madison, Wis. Come together with hundreds of fellow dairy farmers, policy makers, educators and other dairy professionals across the food system to engage with a striking line-up of dairy leaders, chief executives and science-based experts.
This is an important meeting to attend. The Summit will emphasize key learnings, advancements and developments surrounding critical and timely biological, environmental and social-science issues faced by modern agriculture. With a goal of being proactive and prepared, we personally invite you to the table for the following keynotes and breakouts:
Day 1, Dec. 6: “New Faces, Policies and Possibilities”
– Milk Markets: Chad Vincent, CEO, WMMB
– Global Policy: Matt McNight, COO, USDEC
– Non-Ag Media Panel: Katrina Cravy, Consumer Reporter, WKLH, and Michelle Johnson, Managing Editor, Associated Press, facilitated by Linda Wenck, Principal, MorganMyers
– Movie Screening: “Food Evolution” with Dr. Alison Van Eenennaam, Documentary Co-Star
Day 2, Dec. 7: “Dairy – Where Biology Meets Social Science”
– GMO’s and Genetic Editing: Dr. Alison Van Eenennaam, Researcher & Scientist, UC-Davis
– Air Emissions: Dr. Frank Mitloehner, Professor, UC-Davis
– Antibiotic Residues & Bacteria Resistance: Dr. Randy Singer, Professor, UW-Minnesota
– Well-Water Safety and Water Quality: Dr. Mark Borchardt, Research Microbiologist, USDA-ARS
For more information call PDPW at 800-947-7379 or visit us online at www.pdpw.org.