BARABOO, Wis. — The Baraboo-based Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association has announced the names of nine college students who will receive $1,000 scholarships, and two technical college students who will receive $750 scholarships. No college winner announced for District X, as there were no applicants.
The winners were chosen from more than 30 applicants this year. The scholarships are funded through Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association and then selected by the Federated Youth Foundation. To be eligible, students and/or their parents are patron members of Equity Cooperative Livestock. “As we look toward the future of agriculture, our board of directors is dedicated to helping today’s youth become tomorrow’s leaders,” says Curt Larson, President/CEO.
Winning $1,000 scholarship recipients include:
- Dylan Herbrand, Dane, studying agricultural business at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
- Grant Buwalda, Waupun, studying agricultural business at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Jared Baudhuin, Brussels, studying dairy science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Hannah Beyer, Greenleaf, studying marketing and management at Concordia University.
- Wyatt Lebal, Kennan, studying animal science at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Ryan Erickson, Barron, studying agricultural/tech education at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
- Kaitlyn Beck, Cashton, studying nursing at Viterbo University.
- Jazmin Wingert, Kent, Illinois, studying agribusiness at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
- Katie Yanke, Prairie du Sac, studying agricultural business at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
Winning $750 technical college scholarship recipients include:
- Josie McDaniel, Brillion, studying nursing at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College.
- Karlee Leatherberry, Viola, studying agribusiness science and technology-agronomy at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College.
Applicants were judged on their scholastic achievement, extra-curricular activities, leadership abilities, academic and personal goals, and an essay summarizing educational goals and future career plans.
Equity operates 11 auction markets and a private treaty buying center in Arlington, Wisconsin, as well as two other collection points. The cooperative services producers in six states with the marketing, managing and financing of their agricultural businesses.
–Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association