RICHMOND, Vt. — EnSave, Inc. and Green Mountain Power are teaming up to offer an exciting opportunity for Vermont maple sugaring operations in select parts of Vermont. We are offering up to a $7,500 incentive* for the installation of enhanced maple sap preheaters to help maple syrup producers save on heating costs, upgrade their operations, and increase production.
By installing an enhanced maple sap preheater you can:
- Reduce fuel usage by approximately 40%
- Reduce evaporator runtime
- Reduce boiling time
- Reduce operational cost
Enhanced maple sap preheaters utilize waste heat from the flue pan to preheat incoming sap and use an auxiliary blower to force air into incoming sap. This concentrates the sap before entering the flue pan, resulting in increased evaporation rates and decreased energy use.
We are now accepting applications on a first come, first served basis and applications are accepted in the order in which they are received.
Details about the 2017 program:
- Must be in legacy CVPS territory in Vermont
- Equipment must be installed by 12/31/17
- Up to $7,500 incentive for oil or propane fired units*
- Up to $5,000 incentive for wood fired units*
- *not to exceed 100% of the project cost
For more information, please call EnSave at (800) 732-1399!
For more articles out of New England, click here.