ST. PAUL — The 2021 Great Minnesota Get-Back-Together begins just two weeks away. This year’s 12 days of fun feature a variety of discounts, special deal days and money-saving tools.
Pre-fair discount admission tickets are $13 (a $3 discount off the regular adult admission price and a $1 discount off the regular seniors and kids admission prices) and are valid any one day of the fair for any age (children 4 & under are always free). Also prior to the fair, Mighty Midway and Kidway ride & game tickets are $15 for a sheet of 20
(a savings of up to $5).
Discount State Fair admission tickets, discount Mighty Midway and Kidway ride & game tickets, and Blue Ribbon Bargain Books (sponsored by Minnesota Lottery) are available through Aug. 25 at the State Fairgrounds Ticket Office off Como Avenue (Loop Gate #9), participating Cub locations and numerous locations in greater Minnesota and Hudson, Wis. (while supplies last). Discount admission tickets may also be purchased online at mnstatefair.org until 9 p.m. Aug. 25. Online orders for Midway/Kidway ride & game tickets, Blue Ribbon Bargain Books and admission tickets that must be mailed should be placed by 5 p.m. Aug. 12.
During the fair, the regular admission price is $16 for adults (13-64); $14 for seniors (65+); and $14 for kids (5-12). Children 4 and under are always admitted free. Mighty Midway and Kidway tickets purchased at the fair are $1 per ticket, $25 per sheet of 28 tickets or $50 per sheet of 60 tickets. Throughout the fair, Blue Ribbon Bargain Books are $5 and available at State FairWear Gift Shops and Bargain Book & State Fair Poster Carts (while supplies last).
Special Deal Days
The State Fair kicks off with savings on Opening Day, Aug. 26. Discounted admission is $14 for adults (13-64) and $11 for seniors (65+) and kids (5-12) when purchased at the gate.
Monday, Aug. 30, and Thursday, Sept. 2, are Seniors Days. Seniors (65+) are admitted for $11 when tickets are purchased at the gate.
Military Appreciation Day is Tuesday, Aug. 31, when active military and their families, as well as retired and veteran military and their spouses, are admitted for $11 when they purchase admission at the gate with documentation of U.S. military service.
Wednesday Sept. 1, and Labor Day, Sept. 6, are Kids Days. Kids (5-12) are admitted for $11 when tickets are purchased at the gate.
In addition, many vendors feature special day deals for all State Fair guests on Opening Day, Aug. 26; Seniors Days Aug. 30 & Sept. 2; Military Appreciation Day, Aug. 31; and Kids Days, Sept. 1 & 6. Participating vendors will display a special day deal sign and are listed in the Deals, Drawings & Giveaways Guide (sponsored by Minnesota Rusco) available at all information booths and at mnstatefair.org. Select vendors also feature last chance deals on Labor Day, Sept. 6.
More Fun for Less at Mighty Midway & Kidway
Specials are offered every weekday on rides and games at Mighty Midway and Kidway. All-day specials run Thursday, Aug. 26; Monday, Aug. 30; Wednesday, Sept. 1; and Monday, Sept. 6. Early Bird specials are offered until 1 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 27; Tuesday, Aug. 31; Thursday, Sept. 2; and Friday, Sept. 3.
Blue Ribbon Bargain Book
The 2021 Blue Ribbon Bargain Book (sponsored by Minnesota Lottery) offers 100 coupons offering savings of at least 30 percent on food, merchandise and attractions throughout the fairgrounds. Coupons are valid all 12 days of the fair, and a preview of the bargains is available at mnstatefair.org/blue-ribbon-
Deals, Drawings & Giveaways Guide
Available to view and print now at mnstatefair.org/deals-and-
Free Entertainment and Attractions
This year’s State Fair features many free attractions and exhibits, including:
- Nightly fireworks spectacular (sponsored by Mazda)
- Live music and entertainment all day and night at stages throughout the fairgrounds, including the Cosgrove Stage (sponsored by Allina Health çAetna) where community groups perform
- The daily parade at 2 p.m. featuring the high school marching band exhibition
- Dog agility and police K-9 demonstrations outside the Pet Pavilions
- FAN Central (sponsored by Xfinity), which features local sports teams and merchandise
- A wide variety of horses that can be seen daily throughout the fair in the Horse Barn and also competing as part of the Minnesota State Fair Horse Show, free with fair admission
- The finest needlework, handcrafts, baking and canning that Minnesota has to offer presented in the Creative Activities Building, along with the Cambria Kitchen, home to daily demonstrations
- Fruit, wine, Christmas tree, crop art, flower, vegetable, potato, bee & honey contests along with the Giant Pumpkin Contest in the Agriculture Horticulture Building (sponsored by Bremer Bank)
- The Grandstand Exhibit Building (sponsored by Sleep Number), which has two levels of can’t-miss shopping at more than 160 vendors
- The Dairy Building (sponsored by Paddle North), which is home to the famed Princess Kay butter sculptures and malts and sundaes, as well as several vendors selling outdoor gear, home improvement merchandise, wool products and more.
- Family-friendly entertainment at the Family Fair Stage (sponsored by Green Mill Restaurant) at Baldwin Park
- Thank a Farmer Magic Show (presented by Minnesota Livestock Breeders’ Association and the Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation) on the Christensen Farms Stage, where children of all ages learn about the role agriculture plays in our daily lives
- Insight, ideas and products for fair guests planning to update or remodel their homes in the Home Improvement Building (sponsored by LeafFilter)
- The Timberworks Lumberjack and All-Star Stunt Dogs Splash shows at The North Woods (sponsored by Good Health Saunas)
- The Kemps Little Farm Hands agricultural education experience (sponsored by Kemps, Cub, Cargill and Minnesota Corn Growers Association)
- Karaoke and music in The Garden (sponsored by Treasure Island Resort & Casino)
- And much, much more – use the Fair Finder or daily schedules at mnstatefair.org or printed daily schedules available at any information booth for a complete list of activities.
Free Information & Guest Services
The Great Minnesota Get-Together offers many free services and amenities for guests’ convenience, including:
- Free Park & Ride service from 30 Twin Cities metro locations
- Two designated drop-off and pick-up areas for getting to and from the fair via rideshare apps such as Uber and Lyft; taxis may pick up and drop off at the Loop Gate (#9)
- Free trolley rides (sponsored by Kwik Trip) on the north end of the fairgrounds. Consult the State Fair map for the route. In addition, a free ADA-accessible trolley run along Randall Avenue with stops at Buford Avenue and Gate #18 at Dan Elmer Way and Randall Avenue.
- Information booths (sponsored by DISH) stocked with free maps (sponsored by Star Tribune); daily schedules specialty brochures; hand sanitizer; Deals, Drawings and Giveaways Guides (sponsored by Minnesota Rusco); free identification wristbands to help reunite lost children and vulnerable adults with their families or guardians; and more.
- First Aid Stations (sponsored by Regions Hospital) located on the east and west ends of the fairgrounds
- A Wi-Fi hotspot at the west Grandstand Plaza (sponsored by DragNFly Wireless)
- The Relax & Recharge Station (sponsored by Humana), which features rocking chairs, free water, a place to charge phones and more, located in Ramberg Music Cafe (sponsored by Cal Spas)
- Charging stations (sponsored by Device Pitstop) for cell phones at several locations on the fairgrounds
For more information about values, special discount days, bargains and up-to-date information on the Minnesota State Fair, visit mnstatefair.org.
The Minnesota State Fair is one of the largest and best-attended expositions in the world, attracting more than 2 million visitors annually. Showcasing Minnesota’s finest agriculture, art and industry, the Great Minnesota Get-Together is always 12 Days of Fun Ending Labor Day. The fair is a quasi-state agency that is self-supporting and has not received state government funding of any kind since 1949. Visit mnstatefair.org for more information. The 2021 Minnesota State Fair runs Aug. 26 – Labor Day, Sept. 6.
For more news from Minnesota, click here.