MANHEIM, Pa. — The two-day Mid-Atlantic Soil Health Conference is an excellent opportunity for farmers and agency staff to interact and network regarding the challenges and opportunities they face in terms of soil health on crop and pasture fields in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Through guest speakers and field visits, participants will learn about major soil health principles such as evaluating soil properties, the role of cover crops in nutrient cycling, soil biology interactions, incorporating animals into the soil health program and cover crop selection for the various conditions in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Participants will receive training on how to more effectively work with producers to help them improve soil health and water quality by creating more drought resilience in their fields with highly diverse rotation, low disturbance farming, continuous cover and living roots throughout the year.
- Steve Groff, The Cover Crop Coach
- Russ Wilson, Wilson Land & Cattle Co.
- Lisa Blazure, Clinton County Conservation District
- Kristy Borrelli, NE SARE State Coordinator/Penn State Extension Educator
- Dr. Kristine Nichols, Chief Scientist, Rodale Institute
- Bianca Moebius-Clune, Ph.D., Director of Soil Health Division, NRCS
- Lynn Knight, Economist, NRCS
When: Oct. 17-18
Where: Enck’s Banquet Hall and Conference Center, Manheim, PA
Click here for additional information.
— NRCS Pennsylvania