URBANDALE, Iowa — DIS has completed Agriculture Economic Contribution Studies (AECS) for five states. There has been interest from several groups to create a proposal for a 50-state AECS. Some of the many benefits to a nationwide agriculture economic contribution study include:
- Agriculture’s story is told in a consistent and informative manner
- Quantifies economic contributions derived from production and value-added agriculture to the county, state and nation’s economy
- Proven methodology provides robust and defensible information for industry advocates
- States can accurately compare agriculture and agribusiness segments within their state and with other states
- Provides a baseline comparison for future studies
- Multi-State participation reduces overall cost per state
- Potential partnerships within each state – Department of Agriculture, commodity organizations, Farm Bureau, and other agricultural industry associations.
Please contact Merlin Siefken for more information or to see how your state can participate!
— Decision Innovative Solutions