BINGHAMTON, N.Y. — There are many agencies at the local, regional and statewide level who offer grants, loans and other incentives for farms and agri-business. Join us for a roundtable on Tuesday October 29th from 9-11am at the Agriculture Development Center, 840 Upper Front St, Binghamton, as we learn about available funding for farms and agri-business from local, regional and state agencies. Attending agencies include,
- Economic Development Opportunities (Broome County IDA, REDEC)
- Energy & Conservation Programs (NYSEG, ENSAVE, FSA, NRCS)
- Agricultural Lending Options (FarmCredit East, NBT Bank, FSA)
Then join us, or stay for, a session on “How to Write a Successful Grant Application” from 11am-1pm. We’ll cover the following:
- Learn how to write a compelling “Needs Statement” — what’s the issue or challenge you are looking to address on your farm and how will the grant help
- Learn how to create a project budget
- Understand the recordkeeping needs of a typical grant
- Learn how to craft a project to meet your needs and the objectives of the grant program
Cost to Attend: FREE!! Coffee and light refreshments will be provided.
To register click here.
–Cornell University Cooperative Extension of Broome County
For more articles out of New York, click here.