MADISON, Wis. — World Dairy Expo® welcomed 463 competitors to the colored shavings for the Youth Showmanship Contest on Sunday, October 2. Youth from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Pennsylvania rose to the top in the Junior, Intermediate and Senior Divisions, respectively.
Winning the Junior Division out of 156 participants was Cameron Ryan of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. In addition to this honor, Ryan received the W. Terry Howard First Place Award of a custom embroidered jacket courtesy of Images Custom Embroidery and clippers sponsored by Andis Company. Hannah Visser of Hutchinson, Minnesota won the Intermediate Division and the Howard Voegeli First Place Award, a custom embroidered jacket presented by Images Custom Embroidery. The Minnesota native also collected clippers from Andis Company. There were 139 exhibitors in the Intermediate Division this year. In the Senior Division with 168 exhibitors, Emory Bewley of Susquehanna, Pennsylvania placed first and won the Keith King First Place Award, which was also a custom embroidered jacket from Images Custom Embroidery. Bewley additionally received clippers from Andis Company.
Jason French, Brian Kelroy and Claire Swale served as the official judges of the Junior, Intermediate and Senior Division, respectively.
The top 10 winners of each division are as follows:
Junior (Ages 9-13):
- Cameron Ryan, Fond du Lac, Wis.
- Livia Sandelier, Loyal, Wis.
- Stella Schmocker, Whitewater, Wis.
- Benny Uhe, Janesville, Wis.
- Kestin Martin, Tulare, Calif.
- Justin Brandel, Lake Mills, Wis.
- Reid Vandoske, Cleveland, Wis.
- Natalie Mauk, Plymouth, Wis.
- Madalynn Arnold, Earlville, Iowa
- Tristen Upchurch, Hebron, Ill.
Intermediate (Ages 14-16):
- Hannah Visser, Hutchinson, Minn.
- Mason Ziemba, Durhamville, N.Y.
- Logan Harbaugh, Marion, Wis.
- Peyton Voegeli, Poynette, Wis.
- Liviya Russo, Lunenburg, Vt.
- Tessa Schmocker, Whitewater, Wis.
- Aubree Topp, Botkins, Ohio
- Tyler Leuch, Pulaski, Wis.
- Matthew Winch, Fennimore, Wis.
- Brianne Vandoske, Cleveland, Wis.
Senior (Ages 17-21):
- Emory Bewley, Susquehanna, Pa.
- Nadia Uhr, Crysler, Ontario, Canada
- Emi Lange, Utopia, Ontario, Canada
- Kylie Konyn, Madison, Wis.
- Jordan Hawthorne, Listowel, Ontario, Canada
- Amy Hughes, Killbuck, Ohio
- Jack Lange, Utopia, Ontario, Canada
- Emma Finch, Utopia, Ontario, Canada
- Courtney Orser, Sydenham, Ontario, Canada
- Olivia Finke, London, Ohio
This year’s Youth Showmanship Contest sponsors also included: 4dBarn, AHV USA, Compeer Financial, Double S Liquid Feed Services, Inc., ENDOVAC Animal Health, E-Zee Milking Equipment, LLC, Hellenbrand Lasting Legacy Award, New Holland, Progressive Dairy Solutions and St. Jacobs ABC.
Serving as the meeting place of the global dairy industry, World Dairy Expo brings together the latest in dairy innovation and the best cattle in North America. The global dairy industry will return to Madison, Wis. For the 55th event, October 2-7, 2022, when the world’s largest dairy-focused trade show, dairy and forage seminars, a world-class dairy cattle show and more will be on display. Admission tickets to WDE can be purchased at worlddairyexpo.com. Download the World Dairy Expo mobile event app, visit worlddairyexpo.com or follow WDE on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Spotify, Instagram or YouTube for more information.
–World Dairy Expo