MADISON — The Dairy Business Innovation Alliance (DBIA) is putting out a final reminder that grant applications for the 2020 grant program are due Friday, August 14. Grants are available to dairy farms and processing plants in the five states of Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin to assist in diversifying, modernizing or developing new dairy products.
The DBIA 2020 grant program will distribute direct-to-business grants totaling $220,000. Grants will be awarded for projects in increments up to $20,000. The grant application is available on the DBIA website. A pre-recorded webinar detailing the grant program and application process is also available on the DBIA website. A grant review committee established by DBIA will review applications and make subsequent awards. Selected applicants will be notified September 4.
Eligible applications for DBIA grants can fall under a variety of categories. Examples include:
– Dairy farm diversification through value-added initiatives, such as development of dairy products or on-farm business ventures.
– Modernization, specialization or expansion of farmstead or dairy plant facilities to support product development or improvement.
– Facilitate increased sales of current product or range of products through quality improvement, packaging and/or marketing.
– The creation of new revenue streams by developing novel dairy ingredients from by-products.
– Development of value-added dairy products, e.g., specialty cheese, novel beverages, etc.
– Ensure regulatory compliance and quality control through equipment purchases, consulting services, etc.
DBIA is coordinated as a partnership between the Center for Dairy Research (CDR) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA).
For More Information About DBIA
Karen Nielsen, DBIA Program Coordinator | 608-265-1491 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for the DBIA was made possible by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Agricultural Marketing Service through grant AM190100XXXXG079. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the USDA.
— Dairy Business Innovation Alliance
For more articles on dairy, click here.