HARRISBURG, Pa. — Dairy producers and industry professionals are invited to join the fifth part of the Center for Dairy Excellence’s dairy industry conference call series on Tuesday, May 26 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. With details expected to be released on how to apply for direct relief payments through the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP), panelists will answer questions about the process of applying for relief payments.
Dairy farmers will also be able to ask questions about legislative initiatives benefiting dairy, Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster relief loans, and updates on the dairy marketplace and what to expect in the coming year.
The following panelists will join the May 26 conference call:
- Cynthia Walters, Farm Service Agency Dairy Program Specialist. Walters will answer questions about the application process for CFAP direct payments and the required documentation or information dairy producers need to provide to receive relief.
- Claudia Larson and Paul Bleiberg, National Milk Producers Federation. Larson and Bleiberg will provide updates on legislative initiatives benefiting dairy and the SBA disaster relief loans, including the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) and the Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL). They will answer questions from producers on how to use these loans and any updates on additional rounds of applications.
- Matthew Gould, Editor & Analyst for The Dairy and Food Market Analyst. Gould will provide a market update, including data on exports, retail sales, and milk prices. He will be available to answer questions and address concerns about what dairy producers can expect in the coming year.
In addition to these panelists, Deputy Secretary Greg Hostetter from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and Pennsylvania Milk Marketing Board Chair Rob Barley will be on the call to assist with questions about the milk market and the government’s ongoing response. Mike Hosterman from AgChoice Farm Credit will also join to answer questions about the EIDL program.
To ensure as many questions can be addressed as possible, questions must be submitted in advance of the call. Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about how to join the conference call:
- Date: Tuesday, May 26 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- How to Join:
- Dial (978) 990-5000 via free conference call.
- Enter Access Code 553371, followed by the # sign, when prompted.
- You will automatically be entered into the conference call. You will automatically be muted when you join.
- How to submit questions in advance: Text/call 717-585-0766 to send your questions or email@example.com.
As the dairy industry works to navigate COVID-19, the Center for Dairy Excellence is offering additional resources for dairy farms, including help in creating contingency plans. Visit centerfordairyexcellence.org/covid-19 for more information and to access the resources.
–Emily Barge, Center for Dairy Excellence