HARRISBURG, Pa. — Dairy farmers and industry professionals are invited to join a dairy industry conference call on Tuesday, April 7 from 12 to 1 p.m. A panel of industry representatives will answer questions and share important updates on how COVID-19 is affecting the dairy industry, state and federal support, new Pennsylvania labor laws, guidelines for how farms can be prepared, and resources available to help farms navigate new business restraints.
The following speakers will be joining the conference call:
- Russell Redding, Secretary, and Deputy Secretary Greg Hostetter, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Jennifer Huson, Senior Director of Marketing, Council Affairs and Industry Relations, Dairy Farmers of America
- Jayne Sebright, Center for Dairy Excellence, Executive Director
- Zach Myers, Center for Dairy Excellence, Risk Education Manager
- David Swartz, Penn State Extension, Assistant Director of Animal Systems Programs
- Jill Smith, Cornerstone Human Resource Management Consulting
Individuals who join the call will be able to ask questions about the status of the industry and receive answers directly from the panel. To ensure as many questions can be addressed as possible, dairy producers are encouraged to submit questions ahead of the call. Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about how to join the conference call:
- Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- Time: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- How to Join:
- Dial (978) 990-5000 via free conference call.
- Enter Access Code 553371, followed by the # sign, when prompted.
- You will automatically be entered into the conference call
- How to submit questions in advance: Text/call 717-585-0766 to send your questions or email email@example.com.
As the dairy industry works to navigate COVID-19, the Center for Dairy Excellence is offering additional resources for dairy farms, including help in creating contingency plans. Visit centerfordairyexcellence.org/covid-19 for more information and to access the resources.
–Emily Barge, Center for Dairy Excellence