UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — The Penn State Extension Dairy Team in partnership with the Somerset Trust Company is offering a regional event for the entire dairy community. Producers and industry representatives are invited to attend the event which will highlight timely topics both locally and regionally as well as allow time for networking.
The event will be held Thursday, March 12, from 9 a.m. to 2:45 pm. at the Berlin Community Building, 700 North Street, Berlin, Somerset County. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided, through the generosity of Somerset Trust.
The agenda features leaders from around the state:
- 9 – 10 a.m.: Continental breakfast and networking
- 10 – 10:45 a.m.: Analysis & Adjustment of a Dairy Business Plan, Andrew Sandeen, Dairy Educator, Penn State Extension
- 11 – 11:45 a.m.: I am the Milkman’s Daughter… and Other Secrets of Dairy Value-Added Processing, Carissa Itle Westrick, Director of Business Development, Vale Wood Farms, Loretta, PA
- 1 – 1:45 p.m.: Diversifying your Dairy with Beef, Tara Felix Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Beef Cattle Nutrition and Management and Extension Beef Specialist, Penn State Department of Animal Science
- 2 – 2:45 p.m.: Resources for Pennsylvania Dairy Farmers: Jayne Sebright, Executive Director, Center for Dairy Excellence
This day-long event will provide valuable information for dairy producers who are examining their current operations and perhaps considering various diversification opportunities, as well as for industry professionals and partners.
The event is free but reservations are required by March 5. To RSVP contact Joshua Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, (814) 443-9399.
—Sally Brown Bair, Penn State University