BELLEVILLE, Ill. — A Cover Crop Field Day, will be held on Thursday, April 6, 2023, at the SIU Belleville Research Center (2036 Charles Ln. Belleville, Ill.).
The event is a collaboration with University of Illinois Extension, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Precision Conservation Management, and the Illinois Soybean Association. Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. with coffee and donuts. The program starts at 9 a.m. and wraps up with lunch provided by Precision Conservation Management.
There is no better way to understand cover crops than to see them in-field at work! Learn about current research, cover crop management practices and techniques, tour plots, and network with other cover croppers in the region. Field day topics will include:
- Understanding the Impact of Cover Crop Planting Date and Management & Cereal Rye Termination Timing in Soybeans
- Nathan Johanning, Extension Educator, Commercial Ag, University of Illinois
- Cover crop and nitrogen management in corn cropping systems
- Amir Sadeghpour, Associate Professor Soil Science, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Practical Soybean Management with Cover Crops
- Abigail Peterson, Director of Agronomy, Illinois Soybean Association
- Stephanie Porter, Outreach Agronomist, Illinois Soybean Association
- Maybe It’s Time for a Change on the Farm
- Andrea Kohring, Specialist, Precision Conservation Management
This program is free and opened to anyone interested in cover crops and soil health. Please pre-register by April 4 at https://go.illinois.edu/BRCcovercrop or use the QR Code for direct access from your mobile device. For more information contact Nathan Johanning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-939-3434.
— University of Illinois Extension