COLUMBIA — A $1,000 scholarship is available to one conservation-minded Richland County student who plans to pursue undergraduate studies related to natural resource conservation, sustainable agriculture, or the environment at a college, university, or technical school in South Carolina. The scholarship will be paid to the student’s academic institution upon admission.
- Applicants must be Richland County residents OR attend school in Richland County.
- Applicants must be high school seniors in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in natural resources, conservation, sustainable agriculture, and/or the environment and plan to pursue a related career.
- Interested applicants should submit the application form below, a letter of recommendation, a high school transcript, and a personal essay of at least 500 but no more than 1,000 words (described below).
- Applications must be postmarked or received electronically by February 2, 2018.
Application (fillable .pdf)
Application (non-fillable .pdf)
Questions? Contact Chanda Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-576-2080.
— Richland Soil and Water Conservation District
For more news from South Carolina, click here.