COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) and its partners invite you to experience the diversity of agriculture this summer during the 2022 Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series.
This annual series of public tours and workshops features nearly 20 organic and ecological farms and businesses in Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana, providing unique opportunities for farmers, educators, and conscientious eaters to learn about sustainable agriculture, local foods, and those who make it possible.
Tour guests can walk through urban farm fields, livestock pastures, and more during these OEFFA farm tours:
- Sunday, June 26: Commercial Urban Farm Tour—Eden Urban Gardens, Hamilton Co.
- Wednesday, June 29: Infrastructure Capitalization Farm Tour—Three Creeks Produce, Franklin Co.
- Saturday, July 16: Regenerative Grazing Pasture Walk—Canal Junction Farm, Paulding Co.
- Saturday, July 23: Organic Grain Transition Farm Tour and Grain Growers Chapter Meeting—Bishop Family Farms, Wyandot Co.
- Sunday, July 31: Technical Pasture Walk for Multi-Species Meat Producers—Tierra Verde Farms, Portage Co.
- Saturday, August 13: Community Foodways Farm Tour—NECIC Urban Farm, The Food Lab, Richland Co.
- Friday, August 26: Fruits and Family in the Miami Valley Farm Tour—The Narrow Way Farm, Montgomery Co.
- Wednesday, September 7: Efficient Systems Design Farm Tour—Old City Acres, Michigan
- Sunday, September 18: Organic CSA, Flower, and Vegetable Farm Tour—Christopher Farm, Indiana
- Sunday, November 6: Winter High Tunnel Produce Farm Tour—Roots, Fruits and Shoots, Licking Co.
Attendees can explore farming resources, combating the climate crisis, finding and financing land, and more during these OEFFA workshops:
- Farm Bill Programs: One-Stop Workshop—Virtual Recording
- Saturday, July 9: Walking the Talk on the Climate Crisis—Stratford Ecological Center, Delaware Co.
- Sunday, July 10: Beginning Farmer Summer Potluck and Social—Edgemont Solar Garden, Montgomery Co.
- Friday, July 15: Starting a School Garden Workshop—Amesville Elementary School Garden, Athens Co.
- Tuesday, July 19: Commercial Solar Leases Workshop—Virtual
- Sundays, September 18, September 25, October 9, October 16 : Land Access Workshop Series—Columbus area, Franklin Co., Agraria Center for Regenerative Practice, Greene Co.
- Mondays, December 5, 12, 19: Use Your Numbers to Assess Profitability and Full Cost of Production Course—Virtual
All events are free and open to the public, unless otherwise indicated. For more information and complete details for all workshops and farm tours, visit oeffa.org/farmtours.
— Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association