SEDALIA, Mo. — The Missouri State Fair is now accepting entries on Instagram in a new Come Home to the Missouri State Fair Photo Contest. The contest, sponsored by AgriMissouri/Missouri Grown, encourages entrants post a photo that showcases why the State Fair is their home each August.
Complete rules are below. Entries are due July 21, 2017.
- This Instagram contest is officially held by the Missouri State Fair.
- Contest will begin on June 20, 2017 and will run through July 21, 2017.
- To enter, make a new Instagram post that contains one singular image (collages are not allowed) that showcases why the State Fair is home to you. Include a caption of no more than 100 words and add the hashtag #ComeHomePhoto. Photo entries must contain this hashtag to be entered into the contest. The hashtag does not count as part of the 100 word count.
- Your profile must be public in order for judges to see your post.
- You may only post ONE entry for the contest. Accounts with more than one entry will be disqualified.
- The top 10 photos with the most likes will be featured in the Taylor Woods Youth Building for public voting and will be displayed for the duration of the fair.
- Public voting will conclude on Saturday, August 19 at 12:00 p.m.
- The top 10 contestants will receive two admission tickets to the 2017 Missouri State Fair. The first, second and third place winners will be chosen from public voting and receive additional prizes from AgriMissouri/Missouri Grown and the Missouri State Fair.
- The Missouri State Fair reserves the right to delete any entries that it deems offensive or unsuitable for the page/contest.
- Prizes are subject to change without prior notice.
- The winners will be notified through Instagram by 4:00 p.m. Saturday, August 19.
- Winners must respond by 4:00 p.m. Monday, August 21, or his/her opportunity to win the prize shall stand forfeited and an alternative winner will be chosen.
- By entering this contest and hashtagging #ComeHomePhoto, you are giving permission for the photos to appear on the Missouri State Fair’s website, Flickr page and on all other social media platforms for future publicity use.
— Missouri State Fair
For more news from Missouri, click here.