SEDALIA, Mo. — The Missouri State Fair’s public campground, sponsored by Missouri State Parks, is set to open by 9 am, Thursday, Aug. 2. The 60-acre campground is located west of the fairgrounds on Clarendon Road. Unreserved spot rental is $25 per day, per vehicle/unit. There are more than 1,100 electrical, water and sewer hook-ups, as well as over two hundred 50/30/20 amp outlets available to those wishing to stay in the campground. All types of camping units are accommodated, including tents. Other amenities include three sewage waste dump stations, restrooms, shower facilities and free Wi-Fi, provided by Otelco. Visit the Fair’s website for more information, including golf cart and ATV policies.
Public Camping Line Up Process:
The public campground will open by 9 am on Thursday, Aug. 2.
- The public camping line up process will not start any earlier than the morning of Wednesday, Aug. 1.
- A fee of $10 per night may be collected by campground staff for those units choosing to line up prior to the campground opening the morning of Aug. 2.
- Campers MUST enter the fairgrounds at the Centennial Gate, or Gate 12, located on 65 Highway which will open by 7 am, Wednesday, Aug. 1.
- Starting then, campground staff will line up campers and start going through the line to issue permits in numerical order.
- Permits will be given to camping units only (motor homes or vehicles pulling campers); other vehicles (without campers) lining up to save a space will not be issued a camping permit.
- Payment may be cash or credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express) Credit card payments will be charged 2% plus $0.50 service charge.
- No campers may be left in the line-up area unattended.
- The public campground will open by 9 am, Thursday, Aug. 2, and campers will be accepted in the order of their permit number.
Please note – No early line up will be allowed and no early permits will be distributed. Line up permits will be issued starting the morning of Wednesday, Aug. 1. In the interest of public safety, the Missouri State Fair reserves the right to start allowing campers into the public campground prior to 9 am, Thursday Aug. 2, in the order of their permit number.
— Missouri State Fair
For more news from Missouri, click here.