PUEBLO, Colo. — The Colorado State Fair is optimistically scheduled to return as the state’s premier family event this August 27-September 6. Along with concerts, rodeo and annual fair fun, the State Fair is scheduled to host 19 general entry contests for adults and children. From fine art to farm and garden, State Fair showcases talent from some of Colorado’s finest artists, tradesmen and farmers. Visit the website for all contests and entry details. Returning this year in the food and beverage category are the commercial and hobby wine contests.
Entries open June 14 and competition is open nationwide to wineries and hobbyists. New in 2021, Best of Colorado will be awarded, featuring wines made of 75% or more Colorado grown grapes. Submission for all wine contests includes two bottles per entry. Winners will be showcased all 11 days of the 2021 Colorado State Fair in the Creative Arts Building. Due to COVID-19, the craft beer and homebrew competitions will return in 2022.
2019 Commercial Wine Results:
- Best of Show White: Grande River Vineyards, Palisade, Colorado
- Best of Show Red: Ponderosa Valley Vineyards, Ponderosa, New Mexico
- Best of Show Blush & Rosé: Whitewater Hill Vineyards, Grand Junction, Colorado
- Best of Show Dessert: Western Skies Winery, Penrose, Colorado
- Best of Show Mead: Honnibrook Craft Meadery, Castle Rock, Colorado
- Overall Best of Show: Ponderosa Valley Vineyards, Ponderosa, New Mexico
Wine enthusiasts and fair guests can view all entries and blue ribbon winners with fairgrounds gate admission. Gate admission includes access to general entry contests, free family attractions, livestock and horse shows, and more. Carnival wristbands and ticketed special events and concerts are sold separately.
The theme for this year’s State Fair is “All Roads Lead to the Colorado State Fair.” The event will take place August 27 through September 6, 2021. For more information, visit the website, Facebook or call 719-404-8484.
— Colorado State Fair
For more news from Colorado, click here.