BOONE, Iowa — Producers interested in crop marketing strategies, tools, and developing marketing plans should plan to attend one of three upcoming Central Iowa Ag Marketing Club meetings in mid-February. The meetings sites are in Lynnville, Conrad and Ogden and are open to the public and there may be a small fee payable at the door.
Participants will learn about:
- futures prices and basis trends
- cost of grain ownership
- separating the futures prices from local basis offered, and
- how to use marketing tools such as hedge-to-arrive (HTA), basis contracts and minimum price contracts.
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is hosting these meetings in mid-February – all beginning at 6:30 p.m. and doors opening at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 11 – Lynnville, First State Bank, 413 East St.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 – Conrad, American Legion Building, 102 E. Center St.
- Thursday, Feb. 13 – Ogden Community Center, 114 SW 8th St.
The featured speakers will be Steve Johnson, ISU Extension & Outreach Farm Management Specialist and Ed Kordick, Iowa Farm Bureau Federation Commodity Services Manager.
For further information, please contact the Poweshiek County Extension Office at (641) 623-5188, the Grundy County Extension Office at (319) 824-6979 or the Boone County Extension Office at (515) 432-3882.
— Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
For more news from Iowa, click here.