SEDALIA, Mo. — Join us at the Missouri State Fair on Friday, Aug. 13, for Missouri Department of Conservation Day. Fairgoers will enjoy visiting the Conservation Building from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. for live animal exhibits and demonstrations.
Lots of other great activities planned for Aug. 13 including:
- The Nace Brothers performing at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. and Madd Hoss Jackson at 9 p.m. on the Budweiser Stage.
- Homegrown Singer Contest Preliminary Round, sponsored by Bimbo Bakeries USA, at 4 p.m. on the Budweiser Stage.
- A full day of free entertainment like Rock-It Robot, sponsored by Missouri S & T, and Professor Farquar and Polecat Annie strolling the grounds. Don’t miss The Chipper Experience! Where Comedy & Magic Collide and Forever Simon & Garfunkel on the Touchstone Energy Stage.
- Livestock shows including the market barrow show, poultry, beef cattle, lamb, draft mule shows and swine judging.
- Competitive events including daylily, lily and African violet shows, dairy products contest, barbecue contest, and home economics foods contests.
- Military Flag Retreat Ceremony, sponsored by Capital Materials, Starline Brass and Retrieving Freedom at 6 p.m. by the flagpole located near the Highway Patrol Office and Centennial Entrance.
- Cowboy Mounted Shooting, sponsored by Starline Brass, starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Mathewson Exhibition Center.
- MRCA Show-Me State Rodeo, presented by Area RAM Dealers, at 7 p.m. in the State Fair Arena; tickets available for purchase online or at the State Fair Box Office.
- Russell Dickerson with Cassadee Pope at 7:30 p.m. in the State Fair Grandstand presented by CFM Insurance; tickets available online or at the State Fair Box Office.
Visit our website for more information on additional highlights for Missouri Department of Conservation Day, Friday, Aug. 13.
— Missouri State Fair
For more news from Missouri, click here.