LINCOLN — The Battelle Memorial Institute and the Great Plains Institute invite you to attend the second webinar of this series, on July 21, 2020, at 10:30 AM CDT, focused on carbon capture, utilization, and storage opportunities in Nebraska. This three-part webinar series will dive into:
- Basics about carbon capture technology
- Specific applications for carbon capture, including ethanol, power plants and other industrial sources
- Technical and economic considerations for different projects
- Geology of Nebraska and prospects for geological storage of carbon dioxide (CO₂) and enhanced oil recovery
- National and regional infrastructure planning initiatives to improve the transportation of CO₂ and better connect Nebraska CO₂ sources, sinks, and markets
- Policy drivers for carbon capture, including clean fuels policies, the federal 45Q tax credit, and national infrastructure policy
- Stakeholder-led carbon capture initiatives in other states
The webinar series is co-hosted by the Nebraska Conservation and Survey Division, Nebraska Ethanol Board, Nebraska Public Power District, Regional Deployment Initiative, and Renewable Fuels Nebraska.
Carbon capture, utilization, and storage presents numerous economic and environmental benefits for Nebraska. For ethanol plants, it offers economic value for a waste product and additional value in clean fuels markets. For power plants, it can aid in decarbonization efforts and offer grid assets as the energy system transforms over time. Through carbon capture, Nebraska can spur the development of new industries including carbon dioxide (CO₂) enhanced oil recovery, direct air capture, and synthetic fuels and products from CO₂. As our country shifts focus toward economic recovery from COVID-19 in the coming weeks and months, these economic opportunities are more important than ever before.
Webinar #2: Case Studies
Webinar #2 dives deeper into carbon capture opportunities in Nebraska, highlighting economics and specific case studies. Specific topics include:
- Overview of carbon capture economics
- Case study | Carbon capture at Nebraska Public Power District
- Case study | Carbon capture at ethanol facilities
- Case study | Infrastructure for carbon capture
- Case study | Carbon capture at CVR Energy
You will hear from the following industry members on this webinar:
- Ben Grove, Battelle
- John Swanson, Nebraska Public Power District
- Keith Tracy, Nebraska producer
- Al Collins, Occidental Petroleum
- Neal Barkley, CVR Energy
Webinar #3: Geology
Webinar #3 will focus on Nebraska’s unique geological formations and what they mean for carbon capture. Specific topics include:
- Prospects for carbon capture
- Prospects for enhanced oil recovery
Not able to attend but interested in subsequent webinars? Submit the Webinar #2 registration form, and you’ll be automatically invited to Webinar #3. Webinars will recorded and made available to registrants.
Dig deeper into carbon capture in these relevant materials:
For any questions regarding Webinar #1 or the webinar series, or if you have trouble registering, please contact Hannah Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Nebraska Ethanol Board
For more news from Nebraska, click here.