MARSHFIELD, Wis. — An update meeting for WPDES permitted CAFO, or farms approaching 1,000 animal units, will be held at the Marshfield Agriculture Research Station on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Cost is $35.00 (if registered before February 6) or $45 at the door. Price includes lunch and materials.
The goal of this meeting is to bring together farm owners/operators, agency personnel, agriculture professionals, and educators to improve nutrient management plan implementation, communication between plan writers, permit holders, and WDNR. Additional information will be provided during the sessions on regulations that will impact large farming operations. Topics will include:
· Tile Line Maintenance: Blowouts, repairs & system maintenance
Aaron Pape, UW Discovery Farms
· Proactively Communicating When Something Goes Wrong:
PR Specialist with ag experience
John Ross, Clark Co. Emergency Government
· Working With the DNR to Respond to Emergency Situations
DNR Regional Specialist & Ben Uvaas, WDNR
· Effects of Administrative Rule Changes on Permit Holders
Aaron O’Rourke, WDNR
· Low Cost Options to Meet WPDES Permit Requirements
Ben Uvaas and Aaron O’Rourke, WDNR
· Cover Crops & Water Quality Impacts / Applying Manure to Cover Crops
Jamie Patton, UWEX NPM Program
· DNR Panel Discussion – Q & A
All DNR Speakers
Pre-registration is required by February 6 for lunch – please contact the Extension – Clark County Office at 715-743-5121.
For more news from Wisconsin, click here.