WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. — On Thursday, October 25th, CNGA will be holding our bi-annual Fall Workshop. We will focus on overwintering practices for Nurseries and Greenhouse’s. Our first presentation, from Nolan Doesken, the former State Climatologist for Colorado at Colorado State University will discuss how climate change is impacting winter weather patterns.
The Nursery track will feature:
- Overwintering Game Plan for Nurseries – Dan Wise, Fort Collins Wholesale Nursery
- Practices That Minimize Winter Damage – Ron Arpin, Little Valley Wholesale Nursery
- Herbicide Applications and Winter Irrigation – Ron Arpin, Little Valley Wholesale Nursery
The Greenhouse track will feature:
- Overwintering Game Plan for Greenhouses – Speaker TBD
- Saving Money Through Energy Efficiency – Michael Turner – Colorado Energy Office
- Preparing Your Control Systems for Winter – Gary Dean, Wadsworth Control Systems
This is a great opportunity to review your winterization plan and train employees on the proper way to prepare for winter.
When: Thursday, October 25th – 8:30 am – Noon
Where: Wheat Ridge Rec Center – 4005 Kipling Street, Wheat Ridge
Cost: CNGA Member $45; Non-Member $75
Registration: Register online or download the registration form.
— Colorado Nursery and Greenhouse Association
For more news from Colorado, click here.