NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. — Rutgers Cooperative Extension is hosting the RU Ready to Farm Beginner Farmer Workshop during the New Jersey Agricultural Convention & Trade Show at Harrah’s Resort & Waterfront Conference Center in Atlantic City on Feb. 7 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please share this with anyone interested in starting a farm, those new to farming or established farmers looking for new opportunities. All are welcome to attend.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Resources on land availability in the state
- Tips on where to access capital
- Shared experiences from successful farmers
- Insight on what to look for when assessing potential farm properties
- Methods of effective marketing and promotion of farm products
- Current organic and conventional agricultural regulations
For the program agenda and to register for this workshop, click here.
— Rutgers Cooperative Extension