CENTENNIAL, Colo. — As Americans get ready to celebrate the country’s birthday this Fourth of July, the Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner culinary center is serving up some of America’s favorite beef dishes based on cultures around the world to inspire backyard food festivities and barbecues in communities around the country.
“The Fourth of July is the perfect occasion to enjoy beef in a variety of dishes that are influenced by flavors from around the world,” said Chef Laura Hagen, senior director, Culinary Innovations at the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA), a contractor to the Beef Checkoff. “As Americans gather together to celebrate our nation’s independence, there is no better time to try these beef dishes at home.”
On behalf of the Beef Checkoff, the Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner culinary center is releasing five of America’s favorite globally-inspired dishes in celebration of the Fourth of July:
- Nothing says Fourth of July more than a burger on the grill. This Fourth of July try a recipe from the Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner International Burger Bar, featuring burger recipes from around the world – from a burger inspired by southern barbeques to a burger fit for the Greek islands to one that borrows flavors from an Italian summer staple, the Caprese salad – sure to please any crowd.
- Street food-inspired dishes, like Greek Beef Steak Kabobs with hummus, are a top trend for 2017, serving as a getaway to other cultures and places.
- There has been a 164 percent increase in mentions of Cuban cuisine on U.S. menus since 2005. Cuban-inspired Crispy Shredded Beef brings international flavors to any holiday celebration.
- With Mexican/Hispanic food dominating the international food market, representing 60 percent of sales in the category, Beef Fajitas create a Fourth of July fiesta.
- Pho is a top trending Vietnamese dish among Google searches, and has grown at a consistent rate of +11 percent year-over-year since 2013. For consumers interested in making pho at home, the nutritious Pho Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup recipe is bursting with flavor with only four easy steps.
For additional cooking inspiration, nutrition information and more details on all things beef, visit www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.
For more articles concerning the beef industry, click here.