ROME, N.Y. — New York Beef Council launched their Best NY Burger Contest for a 3rd year on April 1st, in hopes to bring fun and spotlights on struggling NY State restaurants during COVID-19. New York Burger Lovers submitted their nominations for their favorite burger, the restaurants making the Top Ten list for 202 (in alphabetical order) include:
- Ale & Angus Pub, Syracuse, “Barn Yard Burger” (returning 2018/2019 Champion with “Power Play” and “Beef on Weck” Burgers)
- Crazy Otto’s Empire, Herkimer, “Mushroom Cheese Burger”
- Finally Ours Restaurant, Syracuse, “Thick Grilled Cheese, Bacon Burger”
- Jakes Grub and Grog, Central Square, “Bourbon Burger”
- Juicy Burger Bar, Hamburg, “Bigg Poppa Burger”
- Madison Bistro, Wampsville. “Texan Burger”
- Mijo’s Bar and Grill, Marathon, “Bacon, Mushroom Swiss Burger”
- Monirae’s, Pennellville, “The Mighty Declan”
- R Diner, Central Square, “Mushroom Swiss Burger”
- Swifty’s, Albany, “Hangover Burger”
“New York has over 14,300 beef and dairy producers and this contest is a great way to celebrate the beef they produce and the impact they have on New York’s economy,” says Jean O’Toole, Executive Director of NYBC.
To qualify, the burger must be a 100% beef patty or patties, although other ingredients may be added such as spices, and served on a bun, or bread product. Burgers may include any combination of condiments, sauces, cheese or toppings.
The quest for the winner of the Best NY Burger will now begin. The Top Ten restaurants will submit a hi-res photo of their nominated burger, where they will be voted for, online, from Noon, April 20 to Midnight April 30, to decide the “Final Four”. Each of the Top 10 will have a Facebook Live Burger Building Demonstration on the New York Beef Council’s Facebook page starting April 20, check the events to tune into when your restaurant will cook its burger. The winning burger will be announced on May 1st. The Final Four will then have another opportunity for a Facebook Live when all gets “back to normal”!
“We encourage everyone to visit the Top Ten restaurants,” says O’Toole, These are only a few of the many restaurants in New York that do an outstanding job of promoting and serving beef to their customers on behalf of New York’s beef and dairy farmers.”
To learn more about the contest and the Top Ten restaurants, visit https://www.nybeef.org/social-outreach/monthly-contest
— New York Beef Council
For more news from New York, click here.