BISHOPVILLE, S.C. — Lee County Extension Office will host a workshop on beef cattle outlook and volatility on June 9, 2017 from 10am-2:30pm at the SC Cotton Museum (121 W. Cedar Lane, Bishopville, SC 29010). The workshop is FREE and will include class material and lunch.
- BEEF CATTLE OUTLOOK
- UNDERSTANDING AND MANAGING INPUT COSTS
- ECONOMICS OF BREEDING METHODS AND DEFINED CALVING SEASON
- ECONOMICS OF CASTRATION
- INCREASING WEANING WEIGHTS AND WEIGHT GAIN RELATED TO BACKGROUNDING
- UNDERSTANDING AND UTILIZING CATTLE FUTURES
- Dr. Bernt Nelson, Ag Economist
- Dr. MaQhew Burns, CU Beef Specialist
- Brian Beer, Area Livestock and Forages Agent
Please RSVP by June 7 for accurate lunch count. Contact: Joshua Caughman at 803-484-5416. For more information contact Lee Van Vlake at 843-344-3322.
Should you require special accommodations due to a disability, please notify our office ten days prior to the event.
Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
— Clemson Cooperative Extension
For more news from South Carolina, click here.