HUTCHINSON, Minn. — Do you know a student seeking a bachelor’s degree and looking for a 2020 summer internship in the field of agriculture, horticulture, and/or food systems? The University of Minnesota Extension has three 12-week paid internships starting Mid-May 2020 through August 2020. These internships will provide exposure to Minnesota agriculture/horticulture/food systems through local operations, educational programs, on-farm applied research, communications, and program development. These summer Extension interns will have the ability to utilize their strengths to support Extension programming and further their personal development. Locations vary in their work responsibilities and applicants are encouraged to indicate their interest in multiple positions. Upon being selected, the intern will go through orientation and will work 30-40 hours per week from May through August (some nights and weekends). Compensation is $13 per hour and work-related mileage and expenses will be reimbursed. Housing will not be provided. Following are the open positions:
McLeod & Meeker Counties, Hutchinson and Litchfield
St. Louis County, Virginia or Duluth
Morrison County, Little Falls
Houston County, Caledonia
Stearns County, St. Cloud
Murray County, Slayton
Wright County, Buffalo
Benton County, Foley
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate college student in an agricultural education, agricultural communications, horticulture, animal science, agribusiness, agronomy major or related field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of agriculture, horticulture or food systems.
- Proven communication skills, which includes both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and Google Suite programs.
- Ability to learn additional software systems for educational use.
- An independent self-starter with the ability to be flexible and work on a variety of different tasks.
Following is a link to the University of Minnesota Extension Employment website: z.umn.edu/ExtensionAgIntern20. To be considered for these positions, please click on the “Apply” button and follow the instructions. When applying please attach the following: Cover letter indicating your county preferences, Vitae or resume, three references and your college transcript (unofficial is acceptable). Please apply by January 24, 2020.
— Karen Johnson, University of Minnesota Extension
For more news from Minnesota, click here.