LEXINGTON, Ky. — The American Black Hereford Association is hiring an individual for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director will be responsible for the oversight and management of the operations of the American Black Hereford Association and serve as the lead liaison between the board and members. The position reports to the American Black Hereford Association Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the ABHA’s financial operations with the assistance of the association’s accountant, including but not limited to: developing the annual budget, maintaining financial records, preparing and disseminating monthly as well as annual financial reports to the board.
- Manage the association’s marketing and communications, including but not limited to: website, social media, newsletter, blogs, etc.
- Assist the association’s magazine editor and publisher as necessary to insure success of the association magazine.
- Manage and plan all board meetings and member meetings.
- Facilitate and maintain good communication between the ABHA members and the ABHA Board.
- Serve as the first point of contact for potential new members.
- Be able to communicate with association breeders concerning their questions related to the association and the Black Hereford Breed.
- Serve as the association’s liaison with cattlemen’s associations across the US.
- Provide leadership for positive development of the Board of Directors, including the identification, recruitment and training of new members. Support board members, committee chairs and officers.
- Supervise ABHA shows in accordance with objectives and goals of the ABHA.
- Manage and coordinate the online registry with DigitalBeef, the system software provider, and complete all registry work not included in the DigitalBeef software system.
- Act as a liaison between the ABHA membership and DigitalBeef to resolve any registration questions or issues.
- Manage grant programs awarded to the ABHA.
- Supervise and coordinate events for the ABHA.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the ABHA Board of Directors.
- Some weekend and night travel along with travel across the United States to meetings, shows, and sales will be required.
- Consult and assist association members as requested with private sales.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Software
- Strong work ethic with a self-motivated nature
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of two years works experience in a similar position preferred
- Broad background in the registered cattle industry
- Valid driver’s license and access to private vehicle
To be considered, please send a resume and cover letter to Tim Tarter via email at americanblackhereford@gmail.
— American Black Hereford Association
For more news from Kentucky, click here.