HUDSON, N.Y. — Tractor Supply proudly began its partnership with 4-H in 2010 and they have since helped raise over $14 million through their 4-H Paper Clover fundraisers. The success of these campaigns has impacted over 69,000 youth across the US by providing them with hands-on learning experiences through projects in STEM, agriculture, healthy living, and civic engagement.
100% of funds raised through their two Paper Clover fundraisers directly benefit 4-H and the kids and teens they work with — 90% of donations directly support 4-H youth in the state it was raised, and the remaining 10% supports national 4-H programming.
Every year, 4-Her’s in Columbia and Greene Counties participate in a number of 4-H programs to help position them with the skills they need to succeed in their life and career. This fall, local Columbia and Greene Counties Tractor Supply stores are continuing their long-standing partnership with 4-H for the 2020 Fall Paper Clover Campaign to make it possible for more youth in the community to experience 4-H’s youth-led, hands-on programming. Since the 2020 Spring Paper Clover Campaign was cancelled due to COVID-19 we are hoping for a great turnout of support for this fall campaign.
October 7-18, 2020 Tractor Supply customers can participate in the 2020 Fall Paper Clover campaign by purchasing paper clovers for $1 or more at checkout at both the Greenville store and the Hudson store. Customers can also make a donation to 4-H with their purchase both in the app and on TSC’s website. These funds are credited to the state as a whole, not individual stores.
4‑H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, grows confident young people who are empowered for life today and prepared for career tomorrow. 4‑H programs empower nearly six million young people across the U.S. through experiences that develop critical life skills. 4‑H is the youth development program of our nation’s Cooperative Extension System and USDA, and serves every county and parish in the U.S. through a network of 110 public universities and more than 3000 local Extension offices. Globally, 4‑H collaborates with independent programs to empower one million youth in 50 countries. The research-backed 4‑H experience grows young people who are four times more likely to contribute to their communities; two times more likely to make healthier choices; two times more likely to be civically active; and two times more likely to participate in STEM programs.
About Tractor Supply
Founded in 1938, Tractor Supply Company is the largest rural lifestyle retail store chain in the United States. The Company operated over 1,630 Tractor Supply stores in 49 states and an e-commerce website at www.tractorsupply.com. Tractor Supply stores are focused on supplying the lifestyle needs of recreational farmers and ranchers and others who enjoy the rural lifestyle, as well as tradesmen and small businesses. Stores are located primarily in towns outlying major metropolitan markets and in rural communities. The Company offers the following comprehensive selection of merchandise: (1) equine, livestock, pet and small animal products, including items necessary for their health, care, growth and containment; (2) hardware, truck, towing and tool products; (3) seasonal products, including heating, lawn and garden items, power equipment, gifts and toys; (4) work/recreational clothing and footwear; and (5) maintenance products for agricultural and rural use.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities and provides equal program and employment opportunities. The programs provided by this organization are partially funded by monies received from the Counties of Columbia and Greene.
4-H is New York’s only youth development program directly connected to the technological advances and the latest research at Cornell University. 4-H participants learn leadership, citizenship and life skills through hands-on projects in three primary program areas: science and technology; healthy living; and citizenship. To find out more about 4-H and youth programs in Columbia and Greene Counties, contact us at 518-828-3346 or Columbiagreene@cornell.edu or visit our website, www.ccecolumbiagreene.org . You can also “Like” us on Facebook…Cornell Cooperative Extension of Columbia and Greene Counties.
Every year, 4-Her’s in Columbia and Greene Counties participate in a number of 4-H programs to help position them with the skills they need to succeed in their life and career. This fall, local Columbia and Greene Counties Tractor Supply stores are continuing their long-standing partnership with 4-H for the 2019 Fall Paper Clover Campaign to make it possible for more youth in the community to experience 4-H’s youth-led, hands-on programming.
–Cornell Cooperative Extension Columbia and Greene Counties
For more articles out of New York, click here.