WEST CHESTER, Pa. — In the world as we know it today there is code all around us. Directions are written for gizmos and gadgets to do the tasks we want them to do. Someone somewhere had to create those original instructions regardless of whether they are simple or complex. The job of these coded objects and games is to sense, think, and act all within just a moment. Think outside the box as we create a commercial with Scratch to support something youth are passionate about and dive into the world of agriculture with a board game youth can create. Join us as we break down these codes and make the connection with our real world!
- Explore Scratch coding
- Develop a public service announcement and code a graphic to support it
- Experiment with creating a board game with coded directions
- Learn how we can break down and rearrange these actions… think, sense, and act
Date: January 18, 2020
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Location: Government Services Center, 601 Westtown Rd. West Chester PA 19380
Cost: $30 for 4-H Members and $10 for Non-Members. This fee includes 4-H Membership.
Program is for youth ages 8 and older. Register by January 10, 2020.
To register for event:
- Fill out the registration form and return to our office with payment to: Penn State Extension,
601 Westtown Road, Suite 370, West Chester, PA 19382
- Checks can be made payable to Penn State Extension
- Enroll in 4-H Online by visiting: pa.4honline.com
–Penn State Extension