COLUMBUS, Ohio — Are you a farmer or farmland owner wanting to learn more about the recent income tax law changes and proposals? If so, join us for this webinar on Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022, from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Register for just $40. If you can’t attend, you will be sent a link to view the recorded webinar later at your convenience. You have unlimited views of the replay, and it will be available throughout the 2022 tax filing season. Details and registration link can be found at: https://farmoffice.osu.edu/tax/farmer-and-farmland-owner-income-tax-webinar
This webinar will focus on issues related to farmer and farmland owner tax returns. This two-hour program will be presented in a live webinar format via Zoom by OSU Extension Educators Barry Ward, David Marrison and Jeff Lewis along with Purdue faculty member Dr. Michael Langemeier. Individuals who operate farms, own property, or are involved with renting farmland are encouraged to participate.
Topics to be discussed during the webinar include (subject to change based on tax law change):
- Farm Economy and Income in ‘22 and Outlook for ’23
- Deferring Taxes (deferring income, prepaying expenses), Retirement Plan Contributions, Accelerating Depreciation, Bunching Itemized Deductions, Self-employment Tax Planning, and Maximizing Permanent Tax Benefits
- Depreciation, Bonus Depreciation, Section 179, What is “Placed in Service”?
- Income Averaging
- Employee Retention Credits
- Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)
- State Tax Updates – Ohio and Indiana
— Barry Ward & Jeff Lewis, OSU Income Tax Schools
Ohio State University CFAES